I have been fortunate and blessed to experience the many events that have come into my life.
Interning for Oracle has been a stagnant experience. It began slow and monotonous. The program had no guidance, training or leverage. I spent much of my first two weeks setting myself up into the system, doing research, sifting through files and feeling like I have not gained any skills that I lacked, but I have learned to adapt to what they classify as an "entrepreneurial work environment".
Do not question me how a Social Welfare major stumbled upon this opportunity to work for a Software Company. We live in a world, where everything requires reasoning behind our actions, but simply put: I want to explore my possibilities. I have lived most of my life with goals, plans and organization. Sometimes, playing things by ear is the best thing that you can do.
Ever since college, I have changed in so many ways. The bad and the worse, mostly feeling like the worse, because the curve balls thrown my way I was not necessarily able to defeat as I have been able to do before, very easily. Everything in my life has felt out of placed. Moving to two different apartments and finally getting the chance to settle into what I hope to call my "home". Typically a college student do not find their apartment a home, but Berkeley has become my home. My parents finally was able to pick up their feet's from the apartment we have lived for almost 11 years now. Hopefully this will become the sanctuary they need or at least the tranquility that my mother needs. I cannot change my sick father. It may feel that I cannot enjoy essentially my home, because growing up this home never truly existed. Yes, we had a home back in Indonesia but it was a place filled with bad spirit for a lack of a better word.
Now, I have made some wonderful new friends at the internship, I have made new roommates in this new apartment and all is well. Chin up and Walk straight...
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire