vendredi 9 juillet 2010

How are you? and Good Morning

Even the strangers in our lives make the biggest impact on our day-to-day functions and they should be appreciated more.

I have always had an issue with transportation. Sometimes it irks me how unreluctant my family members are to pick me up from extracurricular activities or lessons that are suppose to be "enriching" for me.

In my mind, I cannot help but judge those who were dropped off from school every day in high school even when the public transportation was accessible to them. Though that is not my place to judge, good for them that they have someone in their lives who would go the extra mile to pick them up. But people have no respect for bus drivers, waiters, postman and whoever is in public services.

Without these figures, irregardless of the fact that their incentives are to hold a stable job, my life would not be as fruitful as it is today. I owe it to them in even the least form through a simple gesture. As I walk out of my apartment I see a postman where I cheerfully greeted him where he appeared to be caught off guard by the recognition I have given him. I asked how his day was and he smiled as if this was an anomaly. As I did the same for the two buses I hopped on earlier today. Please, smile and do these simple gestures and lets breakdown the hierarchy and social stratification that a person is only deserving of attention if they hold some sort of class or status.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire