But today, the "typical" Berkeley weather returns in its gloomy and somber feel. This weather makes me feel alright to stay indoors. The droplets fall to create a prelude to begin my studies (yet I am writing a blog). It makes me just want to curl up in bed and RELAX.
Something about winter weather that brings me to this state of nostalgia. I have been blessed to be surrounded by the comfort of home away from home. My good friend Cassandra may be in Sweden reaping the cultural plethora, but the two hour long conversation on Skype was just the mental release needed. The visit of my two dear friends Icha and Chi from high school was more than I could ever ask for! It gives me the fuel to get through my long list of assignments.
There are many things to look forward to, such as my best friend Stephanie's return from Tanzania on Sept.19 and hopefully conversing with her a couple of days after.
It was on a few days ago when I fell into a bitter state of self-identity crises pondering whether I was made to be a Social Welfare major, whether I want to fully commit giving myself to others. And when I am reminded by all the beautiful personalities and amazing talent, these doubts disperse. I do want to help people, because helping others will result in shaping people to be loyal friends, the kinds of friends I have. I want people to be able to experience the genuine relationships and friendships I have been lucky to have.
J'aime le monde <3
Aucun commentaire:
Enregistrer un commentaire