dimanche 31 mai 2009

Are we there yet?

Today was suppose to be beach day...

Emma Rolos Photography
Forecast:
Partly cloudy
High 63 degrees

Not the beach weather you would expect, but I was optimistic and determined to make the best of my day. I would tan and absorb as much of the peaking rays that fall in between the cracks of the gloomy clouds as possible.

A Sunday morning, one would expect open traffic. As we drive we see a bleak prospect of a smooth ride. It took us 30 minutes to reach one exit and by that time, my brother-in-laws temper was high. There were many idiotic incidents on behalf of other drivers that he could not withstand which almost lead him to spring out of the car and pounce on the "pendejo". It was definitely a situation that was fixable, but the mood of the entire trip was killed. He suggested we head back home and given the tension that his animosity created, I insisted to be dropped home as well.

45 minutes on the road lead us back home.

This minute incident gives a grand summation to my short summer vacation.

Carless, friendless (as they are hitting finals week), moneyless and eventless. Now I know the world does not stop for me, but its rather sad.

At least my sister was sensitive enough to call me to initiate a different plan and the best we can come up with in this boring town is the outdoor mall. I s'posse it was enjoyable to walk around, but yet to be mocked by the fashion industry.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire